Zamby and the Mystical Crystals 1.36
Old versionsSee all
Zamby is a Qwonk. A Qwonk is a small creature living in underground caves on the island of Uska. In order to light up their caverns, the Qwonks use special light crystals, found in the forests on the island. The old crystals are starting to burn up now. So they need new ones, but since there are so many monsters and dangers in the forests above ground, many Qwonks are afraid to search for them. This is where Zamby (or you as a player) comes in. He has volunteered to explore the island of Uska and return home with as many crystals as possible. The Qwonk council and the rest of the Qwonks now leave their hopes in Zamby’s hands. You must help Zamby to collect the light crystals.
Let’s know the main elements in this game:
- Controls: you can control Zamby with the arrow keys on your keyboard or your mouse. In addition to walking around, Zamby can push boxes, pick up bombs and ignite them. You can ignite a bomb by pressing the spacebar key.
- Boxes: you can use boxes as shield against monsters. They can also be used to make ridges across water.
- Bombs: use bombs to blow up rocks that block your path. Bombs can also be used to perform other tricks. You can ignite a bomb beside a box and the blast will send the box flying off.
- Ice: if you push a box on snow or ice, it will slide until it hits something. You, however, will not slide and neither will the monsters, so ice only affects boxes.
- Mud & Rocky surface: some areas are covered by uneven ground, either mud (brown image) or paving stones (gray image). You cannot push boxes on such ground.
- Monsters: there are many different monsters lurking around the island of Uska. One thing you should keep in mind is that the monsters will only move when you move. If you stand perfectly still, the monsters will remain still too.
- Wizard: the wizard will stand still and shoot fire at you if you walk past him. If there is any object between the wizard and yourself, he will not fire.
- Spider: the spider works just like the wizard, except he moves. He will always walk in the opposite direction you walk.
- Medusa: this nasty lady stands perfectly still and waits for you to look at her. If you face her, you will turn into stone. But if there is any object between you and her you can face her safely.
- Knight: works just like he does in a game of chess. He will jump two steps toward you and one to the side. If he lands on top of you, he catches you.
- Troll: trolls try to catch you by following a specific pattern of walking. This pattern is very predictable. Each time you walk one step, the troll will walk two steps closer to you.
- Minotaur: minotaurs are dangerous foes. Like the trolls they will try to move closer to you, but the Minotaur is smart. He will always choose to move the shortest path towards you.
When you first enter the game, you’ll get to the main menu with the following options on it:
- Current user: from here you can add, delete, edit, and select profiles in the database.
- Play: this leads you to a submenu from where you choose the game type to play. The options are the following:
o Quest for the Crystals: this is the main adventure. Help Zamby explore the mystical land and collect all of the light crystals.
o Kids’ adventure: it’s an easier quest.
o Secret Missions: as you progress through your main quest, you will discover new secret missions.
o Add-on Levels: this is where you can play add-on level, which will be made available on the game website. It’s only available in the full game.
- Help: to access extensive information about the game and how it works.
- Options: from here you can configure some game parameters such as: sound and music volume, full screen, among others.
- Level Editor: from here you can create whole new levels designed by you.
- Exit: to close the application.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Kristanix Games site on the Web.
- It includes a level editor
- It offers several game modes
- It's ideal for kids
- It’s only available in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported